Sandy is a jazz singer/songwriter of great respect from Edmonton … has a top notch singing voice and why she has had to release her music independently and not through a jazz label in Canada or elsewhere is a shame. Marooned, is comparable, both musically and vocally, to the best CDs by Diane Krall, Molly Johnson, or Holly Cole.
— Scott D. Brown
Metaphorical, momentous, and mesmerizing, recorded live in studio, this album has a romance perfect for both inspiration and relaxation. Produced and engineered by Rob Hewes, this collection features the instrumental talents of Kevin Andrews (flute/drums), Glenn Durksen (upright bass), Matt Day (keys), Wes Yaciuk (guitar) and a guest appearance by Dave Babcock (vocals/saxophone). Marooned garnered a 2006 GMA Covenant Award, IOMA nominations, national airplay, inclusion in Top Ten Jazz charts, and rave reviews.
- T’Ain’t What You Do (S. Oliver, J. Young)
- Marooned (S. Foster)
- Play a Song For You (S. Foster)
- Do I Worry About You? (S. Foster)
- Thankful (S. Foster)
- You Speak (S. Foster)
- Cranberry Jazz (S. Foster)
- Meet Me Here (S. Foster, R. Hewes)
- It All Falls On Me (S. Foster)
- Subject to the Whether (S. Foster)
- Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (AC. Jobin, G. Lees)
CD Graphic Design: Amy Huzil